Gas turbine Dry Low NOx transition

A

ARN

I am going to select the type of combustor for a new power generation plant including 4 gas turbines. This plant will be used in Island operation mode. I am planning to set operation mode of one GTG as Isochronous while the other GTGs will be operated in Droop mode. The only problem is "combustion transition stages" of DLE combustors which may make an instability in Isochronous mode. If anyone has experience with this matter, please advise me.

S
I had similar experiences. The better way would be putting all GTGs in droop mode, and controlling the frequency by means af an external Power Management System.

P
The BRUSH PRISMIC Power Management System (PMS) has been used for this type of control. The control algorithms are dependent on the constraints imposed by the combustion transition offered by the turbine manufacturer which can also be influenced by the gas composition. Some manufacturers offer an extended lean-lean mode which effectively disables the transition – used to support sudden unscheduled load increases. These generator capability constraints also need to be considered within the load shedding functionality.