Gas Turbine Generator

When running lube oil pump motor and this time hunting IGV not controlling by Auto and Manual (in Auto to opening set point 5% and actually opened 28%-61% . in Manual set point 5% actually opened with hunting 36%-18% ) After hunting IGV, came to signal IGV Over temp, could you please help to us how to find reason hunting IGV?.

Hi, Akhmed,

My watch isn't working. Can you help me? I tried shaking it, but it didn't help. What could be the problem?

Would you need to know if the watch was mechanical or digital? Does the watch have a mechanical mechanism, or a battery-operated mechanism? Would it be helpful to know if the hands of the analog watch are moving or stopped? Or, if it's a digital watch, if the display shows time at all? Would it be helpful to know if it's a mechanical watch with a mechanical mechanism if it was recently wound or not? Or, if it's a digital watch, or an analog watch with a battery-operated mechanism, if the battery has been replaced recently or not?

We are not standing by your side next to the HMI or the turbine at your site. We cannot see what you can see. We only know what you told us, which isn't very much. It would be helpful to know the manufacturer of the turbine you are having a problem with, the model of the turbine you are having a problem with, the type of actuator used on the IGVs, and if this problem is only happening when testing (when the unit is not producing power), or when it's producing power AND when it's not producing power).

We also can't see the P&IDs for the IGV system, so we don't know a LOT about the IGVs on the unknown turbine at your site.

Help us to help you. (My watch is an analog watch with a battery-operated mechanism. The second hand moves, but the minute and hour hand do not. I can move the hour and minute hands with the watch stem. The watch is manufactured by Dakota. What could be the problem? See? Information can be very useful. On this site, most gas turbine questions are primarily about GE-design heavy duty gas turbines and their control systems. There doesn't seem to be many people willing to share their experiences with other heavy duty gas turbines--and we also don't know if your turbine is a heavy duty turbine, or an aero-derivative gas turbine...)

Again, help us to help you--you will probably like the results very much (especially if your turbine is a GE-design heavy duty gas turbine.)