Gas Turbine Mark V System "SRV not tracking Alarm"

J

Joysha

We have Gas Turbines with Speedtronics Mark V Control system. One of our GT having 'SRV not trcking alarm' on Gas. Any body can help me to understand what is real problem other than the CSP?

It sounds like the Stop Ratio Valve LVDT feedback needs to be calibrated or you have a Servo Valve problem.
Does the unit run on GAS (w/o tripping)?

I would need more info to fully troubleshoot. Take a look at the LVDT position with the hydraulics off. When running compare Output vs Feedback. The signal names should be FPRGOUT and FSGR respectively.

We have developed site specific Alarm Response/Troubleshooting manuals for GE MarkV system. The above info was from a similar unit. Feel free to give us a call at 724-334-8856 or email at [email protected].

This error signal initiated from FPRGV2 block.

FPRG_INT value changes all the time so that FPRG_CNV changes.

Error between FSGR and FPRG_CNV ( ie FSGRERR_ABS) is varying between 2.3% and 3.5% while unit is running on gas. If this error is above 3% ( K3GRVAX = 3 %) for more than 3 sec ‘SRV is not tracking alarm’ will initiate.

FSGR signal is steady all the time on steady load. LVDT signal also found OK. Other than the SRV not tracking alarm toggling unit is running smoothly.

Similar problem came on another unit and found one of the FPG2 transducer is faulty. Replaced the transducer and solved the problem. But the above mentioned unit all the transducer recalibrated and found all the signals are same while unit is running.
I don’t know relation between FPG2 signal and this alarm.

Could you please explain, from where FPRG_INT signal coming. If you want more details please let me know.

I appreciate all the help.

Regards,

Joy

M

Martin Young

Possibly you have a sticking Moog servo or a damaged hydraulic cylinder.

The alarm means that the LVDT feedback does not match the required position within a certain time.