Gas turbine Siemens SGT-600

Consultation is required on the correct measurement of the deflection of the rotor shaft of the turbine Siemens SGT-600.
The turbine did not work for 8 years. The turbine shaft was not rotated.
How to check it correctly? Did he get a bend or not?

Consultation is required on the correct measurement of the deflection of the rotor shaft of the turbine Siemens SGT-600.
The turbine did not work for 8 years. The turbine shaft was not rotated.
How to check it correctly? Did he get a bend or not?
Hello All,

Machine-expert,

There could be differents tests like :
modelling/numerical tests &/or Experimental tests ( Probes, Impact Hammer, ) for doing Frequency response test, for example on the case that you described.

You can have a look on this article to get an overview of what can be done:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...rbine_Rotors_with_Central_Tie_Rod_Shaft_Vol_3

There also some parameter to take in account like
:

Rotor to stator contacts to check .
Realignement of the shaft/rotor.
Bearing to check
Clearances bending ( limits) to check in accordance with OEM .
Rotor rebalancing....

Did you discuss with OEM , if yes what did they say on this case?

This is some points that I listed for better knowing .
Best thing is to dicsuss with OEM or Specialize company, as it require an expertise and special works which can only be done be a trained /experienced Staff

Hope this can help,

Do you have any documents about modifications on the design of GT10B for removing peaking vibration at the no 2 bearing and the one that is done by Siemens at 2007?

Do you have any documents about modifications on the design of GT10B for removing peaking vibration at the no 2 bearing and the one that is done by Siemens at 2007?
Check this thread it got some valuable informations on
Actually i just have read the thread that the same sentence/question that you wrote is been taken.
I do not have,more informations on this issue and how it has been solved.

the turbine should load 17mw it loads now no mre than 3mw for sgt-600, although everything is normal on the hardware system.
I think its sofware problem, does anybody faced the same problem to help me?

thank you