GAS TURBINE VENTILATION SYSTEM. 88BT COMPLETE ASSEMBLY (MOTOR + BLOWER IN TANDEM).

Dear All
Am looking for Complete Ventilation System for Gas TurbIne GE Frame 9E,
It contains both AC Motor and Blower in a Fan Enclosrure.
I have been able to find the AC Motor but Fan Enclosure is a challenge.
Fan Enclosure Drawing.jpg
The original OEM AMG Industries based in Newyork folded Dec 1999
Attach are some documentations.

I don't know who GE Belfort is using these days, but GE used a couple of different companies over the years. One, also in upstate NY was Buffalo Fan or Buffalo Blower (I saw both nameplates over the many years); I think they're still in business.

I just searched the World Wide Web, and it appears they might be owned by Canada Blower. Here's a URL:

Industrial Fans and Industrial Blowers (buffaloblower.com)

It's not an https: website, so your Web browser may complain about it not being secure.

There seems to be a number of Company names on different pages of that website, but I suggest you send an email or call them and see if they can help you.

If the original nameplate on the original fan housing is still readable, you could go to a local vendor/representative and see if they could come up with something locally for you. You could also try looking at the Device Summary document for the rating of 88BT (which is really only the fan motor.... but you might get lucky for fan rating; I don't see any fan rating on the document you attached; GE was funny about that back in the day.... 1979.)

Anyway, best of luck! Let us know how you fare!

I don't know who GE Belfort is using these days, but GE used a couple of different companies over the years. One, also in upstate NY was Buffalo Fan or Buffalo Blower (I saw both nameplates over the many years); I think they're still in business.

I just searched the World Wide Web, and it appears they might be owned by Canada Blower. Here's a URL:

Industrial Fans and Industrial Blowers (buffaloblower.com)

It's not an https: website, so your Web browser may complain about it not being secure.

There seems to be a number of Company names on different pages of that website, but I suggest you send an email or call them and see if they can help you.

If the original nameplate on the original fan housing is still readable, you could go to a local vendor/representative and see if they could come up with something locally for you. You could also try looking at the Device Summary document for the rating of 88BT (which is really only the fan motor.... but you might get lucky for fan rating; I don't see any fan rating on the document you attached; GE was funny about that back in the day.... 1979.)

Anyway, best of luck! Let us know how you fare!
Thank you very much. I have sent a mail to them. Hope I get favorable reply
We have 10 units of this to change. We need to change 2 now. If this is successful we will replace the rest
Attach is file with pictures and more details.

Attachments

Good luck! In years past I always had excellent luck dealing with Buffalo Fan/Blower; they did a LOT of business with GE and were keen to help with any issues or needs or questions. I don't know what the situation is currently; so many of the turbine enclosures have changed dramatically in the last decade or so, and I don't these kinds of blowers are used much anymore. (Because of hazardous gas monitoring and detection, compartment ventilation has become something of a science these days.... )

Dear All
e eView attachment 1515
Hi
88BT1/02 should be located in the acoustical enclosure (of GT compartment )as per device summary for frame9E...

Are you looking for kind information or..

Regards,

James

Dear All
View attachment 1515
Hey all

II finally located MLI 0436 AS Designaded PID to check for these 88BT 1/2fans locations IN MLI1605..

You have to procure yourself Frame9E oeprations and maintenance manual issued by GEEPE...

I just reviewed the P&ID from GE Belfort ...it is well shown on it ..
Cheers
James