GE 324LU ALTERNATOR

I'am trying to make a simulation of the ge 324LU ALTERNATOR but i can't find all the data characteristic of the machine any help please!!!
Hello All,

Alifedjoun,

Could you tell us the type of machine coupled to kind generator, is it Gas/steam or other type of... turbine/prime mover? ...

One should get these informations from OEM manuals , capabilities curves , types datas informations characteristics should be described in those manuals .

At least if you can aswer to the above question we could get some search for that.

Hope this help ,
James

Hello All,

Alifedjoun,

Could you tell us the type of machine coupled to kind generator, is it Gas/steam or other type of... turbine/prime mover? ...

One should get these informations from OEM manuals , capabilities curves , types datas informations characteristics should be described in those manuals .

At least if you can aswer to the above question we could get some search for that.

Hope this help ,
James
gaz turbine ,i am trying to get all the design parameters of this alternator for my master thesis.
such us number of slot stator and rotor dimensions.....
thanks

gaz turbine ,i am trying to get all the design parameters of this alternator for my master thesis.
such us number of slot stator and rotor dimensions.....
thanks
I just have found that it is 9FA generator so let me see if any of my colleague can forward such informations , i am not sure about getting ok for that .
As i wrote before only Owners of powerplant can have kind of documents as it is forwarded by OEMs
So i guess that it would be very difficult to get it.

Regards,
James

I just have found that it is 9FA generator so let me see if any of my colleague can forward such informations , i am not sure about getting ok for that .
As i wrote before only Owners of powerplant can have kind of documents as it is forwarded by OEMs
So i guess that it would be very difficult to get it.

Regards,
James
hello james
i will be so grateful if you can help me because i couldn't start my simulation in ansys if i don't get all data of this generator and i have to present my thesis soon
regards
Ali

hello james
i will be so grateful if you can help me because i couldn't start my simulation in ansys if i don't get all data of this generator and i have to present my thesis soon
regards
Ali
Hello Alifedjoun,

This some datas i just get from a guy who did a thesis on the Ge 324LU generator:
Alternateur :
Type : 324LU
Constructeur : GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
Puissance apparente :308000 KVA
Puissance active : 261800 KW
Facteur de puissance : 0,85
Fréquence : 50Hz
Nombre de pair de pole : 2P=2
Vitesse nominale : 3000 tr/min
Couplage : Etoile (Y)
Classe d’isolation : F
Poids : 278374 kg
− Excitatrice :
Type : Statique
Puissance active : 1146 KW
Courant continu : 1857 A
Tension : 617 V
Pression gaz hydrogène :413,7 kPa

It is written in French but it can help for instance,
Also what are you trying to simulate on this model??
Since they are some thesis on the web about starting generator by LCI (LSI from Ge)simulation
I advise you to have a look on this thesis.

Are you needing datas like slots number or other damper and inudctance reactance ration values?? For your simulation or just for information on your thesis?Since it not easy to get kind datas §§§

Hope this can be an help,
Regards,
James

Hello Alifedjoun,

This some datas i just get from a guy who did a thesis on the Ge 324LU generator:
Alternateur :
Type : 324LU
Constructeur : GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
Puissance apparente :308000 KVA
Puissance active : 261800 KW
Facteur de puissance : 0,85
Fréquence : 50Hz
Nombre de pair de pole : 2P=2
Vitesse nominale : 3000 tr/min
Couplage : Etoile (Y)
Classe d’isolation : F
Poids : 278374 kg
− Excitatrice :
Type : Statique
Puissance active : 1146 KW
Courant continu : 1857 A
Tension : 617 V
Pression gaz hydrogène :413,7 kPa

It is written in French but it can help for instance,
Also what are you trying to simulate on this model??
Since they are some thesis on the web about starting generator by LCI (LSI from Ge)simulation
I advise you to have a look on this thesis.

Are you needing datas like slots number or other damper and inudctance reactance ration values?? For your simulation or just for information on your thesis?Since it not easy to get kind datas §§§

Hope this can be an help,
Regards,
James
hi james
what i need the most is:
stator and rotor inner and outer diamètre
slot number in rotor and stator
slot dimensions
stator and rotor length
regards
ali

hi james
what i need the most is:
stator and rotor inner and outer diamètre
slot number in rotor and stator
slot dimensions
stator and rotor length
regards
ali
Hi Ali,

I am sorry but this is what i can do by now , as the informations that you need is for sure only avalaible for OEM and power plant owners.

I know some guys like winders for GE /ALSTOM but for sure they can not diffuse kind of information here or on the web.

Regards,
James

Hi Ali,

I am sorry but this is what i can do by now , as the informations that you need is for sure only avalaible for OEM and power plant owners.

I know some guys like winders for GE /ALSTOM but for sure they can not diffuse kind of information here or on the web.

Regards,
James
hi james
any way thank you very much
regards
ali

hi james
any way thank you very much
regards
ali
You are welcome dear Ali
Hoping that you can get kind of informations as it is a interesting subject ,and succeed in your thesis, i suggest you to try to contact a winder professionnal maybe on linked in you can find , have a search on web i have seen one guy on linked in who worked as winder on this type of generator you can try to contact him maybe he can support you!

Regards,
James

If I could, and since this is a primarily controls/automation-related forum, there is a primarily generator-centered forum where you might get the information you are looking for. Some unusual things get discussed there, and some odd things get posted there in response to questions. There is a LOT of information there on many different generators from many different manufacturers.

It's a forum that is sponsored by National Coil though it's not commercial at all, and it's called IGTC (International Generator Technical Community). I believe the website URL is https://generatortechnicalforum.org. Registration is free, and there are some good generator resources there.