GE Fanuc GES OPC SRTP server to RX3i communications

M

mayday_malone

Hello, I'm using GE Fanuc GES SRTP OPC Server to communicate with an RX3i controller. I also have a Cimplicity PE HMI communicating with the same controller configured to update every 100mSec.

I'd like to configure the GES SRTP OPC server to update every 20mSec. I'm not sure how to configure the driver for optimal performance. What determines the most suitable update rate? Is it dependent of what the driver can support or is at the PLC level, ie: plc scan time, etc ?

M

Max Antonio Valle

Please contact FieldServer at 408.964.4446 for the OPCFieldServer solution. The FS-B-OPC Server includes one RS-232 serial port (RS-485 to RS-232 converters available) and one Ethernet port. Two USB ports are available for configuratin and data transfer. Some of the following protocols compatible with the OPCServer:

Allen Bradley DF1, CSP, EtherNet/IP
BACnet MS/TP
BACnet Ethernet
BACnet IP
EST3 - GE Security Fire Alarm Control Panel
Fike Cheetah Fire Alarm Control Panel
Gamewell-FCI Fire Alarm Control Panels
GE-SRTP
Metasys N2 from Johnson Controls
Modbus ASCII
Modbus RTU
Modbus TCP
Notifier Fire Alarm Control Panels
Siemens Fire Alarm Control Panels
Siemens TIWAY
SNMP
Stulz
TAC I/Net
Veeder-Root
YorkTalk
And more ...

J
The update rate depends on your OPC Server options but for sure it will never have better performance than the Cimplicity PE HMI driver for your RX3i PLC. The maximum possible update rate is specified in the PE HMI manuals.