GE-FANUC SERIES 90-50 PLC AND HORNER DNT250 SCANNER NOT COMMUNICATING WITH NEW DNET LIGHT TOWER

M

MJD

I have a new A-B DNET light tower, Series C, that is replacing OBS Series B. The scanner was reconfigured and will not recognize the new device on the network.The rev change to light tower was hardware related. There was very little changed to the EDS, which the was used to recreate the configuration file for the scanner. The old light still works after scanner is reconfigured, so the new part does not require any changes to address or registry info. I am sure the light is working properly. We have another platform that does not use any sort of upper level protocol like, LIEM. When the old light is configured into the network and is replaced with the new one it works. I believe the PLC processor, at some point, is communicating directly with the new light. It has to be doing a comparison with the firmware/part revision and there is a mismatch so it does not think the light outputs are there. Where would this information be stored. In the PLC, on the host computer, or HMI? I need to find where the data on the light is stored and update it to match the new light. Any Ideas? I am not as well versed with this type of control as I would like to be, but I feel like I am on the right track.