GE Frame 9E HSD Filter Cleaning

U

Umar

Hello,

We have a GE Frame 9E gas turbine which runs on both fuels, HSD and Low BTU Gas.

Now when the machine is running on Low BTU gas, we do not face any problem but when the machine is running on HSD (High Speed Diesel), we have to clean the HSD filters installed outside Gas Turbine building very frequently. (Please dont mix these filters with the filters installed in Auxiliary Compartment after Warren Pump).
We use thinner to clean these filters but the frequency of cleaning is very high. (After every hour). My idea is that may be filters are not being cleaned properly.

Can any one please tell me what is the best way to clean HSD filters? Below is the data.

Filter Type - Wire Mesh Cleanable Filters
Filter Size - Inner Diameter: 72mm, Outer Diameter: 100mm, Length: 565mm (One end Blind)
Wire Mesh Size: 0.005mm (5 microns)
Flow Direction: Inside to Outside
Pressure at Inlet: 6 to 8 bars.
5 Filter Elements in One Housing.

Have anyone tried ultrasonic method to clean these filters? If yes what machine you are using, how much time it takes to clean one filter? What is the cleaning quality?

Hello,

We have a GE Frame 9E gas turbine which runs on both fuels, HSD and Low BTU Gas.

Now when the machine is running on Low BTU gas, we do not face any problem but when the machine is running on HSD (High Speed Diesel), we have to clean the HSD filters installed outside Gas Turbine building very frequently. (Please dont mix these filters with the filters installed in Auxiliary Compartment after Warren Pump).
We use thinner to clean these filters but the frequency of cleaning is very high. (After every hour). My idea is that may be filters are not being cleaned properly.

Can any one please tell me what is the best way to clean HSD filters? Below is the data.

Filter Type - Wire Mesh Cleanable Filters
Filter Size - Inner Diameter: 72mm, Outer Diameter: 100mm, Length: 565mm (One end Blind)
Wire Mesh Size: 0.005mm (5 microns)
Flow Direction: Inside to Outside
Pressure at Inlet: 6 to 8 bars.
5 Filter Elements in One Housing.

Have anyone tried ultrasonic method to clean these filters? If yes what machine you are using, how much time it takes to clean one filter? What is the cleaning quality?
Any update on how this issue was resolved?