GE logicmaster software

B

Bill Schwarz

I have tried unsuccessfully to install DOS based GE Logicmaster software onto an XP machine. Can it be done?

B

bob peterson

What does GE say?

I don't see anyway that you could go online.

Have you tried starting in a DOS box and trying to install it from there?

--
Bob

S
I think it will work from a DOS box. XP will gripe about it writing directly to the COM port but will probably let it do it anyway.

If not, just install VMWare or Virtual PC and run it in a VM.

> It's sort of a DOS virtual machine:

LogicMaster (LM) 6 of 90?

LM6 you will need a machine of Win95 or 98 to run this software and talk to a real PLC (a VM machine of 95 or 98 will do fine if you just need to view the PLC code off line)

LM90 runs on XP OK from a command prompt - A few tricks though.

B

Bill Schwarz

LM90. What tricks? The software is on three floppys. At the A: prompt when I key in "install" it fails to install the software.

R

Russ Bartels

> What tricks? The software is on three floppys. At the A: prompt when I
> key in "install" it fails to install the software.

No tricks, just need the latest version which is 9.05 for LM90-30 or 7.05 for LM90-70.

The gotcha with the older versions is that they can not be installed in Win.XP, but they will run there if copied.

Of course it is best to update to Proficy ME, unless you have Really OLD hardware that can not be upgraded, but can't think of any that cannot be upgrade.

> I've got version 8.01. If I copy all the files to the hard drive will it run?

Only if you copy them from a currently running system, not if copied from the install disks.

You can get the latest version from GEIP or as recommended upgrade to Proficy ME.

Go here to find your local dealer:
http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&locale=en_US

If none of this is an option you may want to look into a "Virtual Machine" like 'VMWare' or 'VirtualBox' an internet search will locate one for you.

> I have tried unsuccessfully to install DOS based GE Logicmaster software onto
> an XP machine. Can it be done?

Where can i find the DOS based GE logicmaster software? I need this to download some stored data off a system that uses logicmaster.