GE MARKVIe UCSA controller failure to boot

samsed,

My question was intended to reflect how much information you provided in your original post, which was, essentially: none.

1) When did the problem occur? After a trip from load? After a loss of power to the turbine control system? After a power surge (say, from a lightning strike or a grid voltage spike or dip)? Please describe what you were doing or what was happening when the UCSA failed to initialize (boot up)?

2) What have you done to try to troubleshoot the problem--and most importantly: What were the results of your troubleshooting?

3) What spares do you have? Do you have a new or refurbished UCSA to replace the seemingly failed one with?

4) Is the Mark VIe a SIMPLEX or a DUAL Redundant or a TMR turbine control system?

5) Does the Mark VIe control a gas turbine or a steam turbine?

By the way, I dislocated my toe, and it's going to require surgery to break the bone and reset it. The dislocation was caused by walking awkwardly for a long distance while experiencing great pain in the metatarsal area of my foot (a combination of a fallen transversal arch and uneven surfaces).