GE/MDS Orbit ECR radios

Curious if anyone on this forum has used or is experienced with the GE/MDS Orbit radios. I've used them in several systems and am generally pleased with their performance. However, I installed a 12 radio system last fall and it is giving me fits.

What is happening is that when I first power up the "master" radio the network defines itself in an optimal way - minimum number of hops from the remote radios to the master. After a few hours or days, the network map becomes less optimal. For example, a site that had 2 hops now has 3 or 4 hops to get back to the master. This slows data throughput and creates timeouts.

Is there any way to make the network path static so that each remote radio has a defined path back to the master and does not (cannot) change over the course of time? I've throroughly read the manual and have contacted GE as well but can't get a straight answer on how to do this. Perhaps there are better radios that support medium distance TCP/IP communications?

Greetings of the day!
I use the General electric, MDS SD9 radio transceiver module for communication from the remote station (offshore) to the control room.
Setup: 1st MDS SD9 radio connected to Camera's DVR via Ethernet port available in both modules.
And in 2nd MDS SD9 radio is connected to a PC via Ethernet port.
I am able to ping the 1st MDS SD9 radio & DVR's IP Addresses from the PC. But, unable to receive camera data.

Curious if anyone on this forum has used or is experienced with the GE/MDS Orbit radios. I've used them in several systems and am generally pleased with their performance. However, I installed a 12 radio system last fall and it is giving me fits.

What is happening is that when I first power up the "master" radio the network defines itself in an optimal way - minimum number of hops from the remote radios to the master. After a few hours or days, the network map becomes less optimal. For example, a site that had 2 hops now has 3 or 4 hops to get back to the master. This slows data throughput and creates timeouts.

Is there any way to make the network path static so that each remote radio has a defined path back to the master and does not (cannot) change over the course of time? I've throroughly read the manual and have contacted GE as well but can't get a straight answer on how to do this. Perhaps there are better radios that support medium distance TCP/IP communications?
Are you using store-and-forward operation? Is this licensed or unlicensed?

You can staticly assign routes using the NIC ID and GTW ID in advanced menu.

The NIC ID sets a static ID to use as a value for other devices to lock on to it.

The Gateway ID points to another Orbits NIC ID as the next hop to force a particular unit to only talk to that Radio.

Here are the valid values:
LN: (licensed)
0 – Reserved used for association (Remote will associate to which ever device it sees first, AP or SAF)
1:239 – Dynamic address range
240:250 – Static address range
251:253 - Reserved
254 – Reserved for AP
255 – Broadcast Address

NX: (unlicensed)
0 – Reserved
1:400 Dynamic Address Range
401:509 – Static Address Range
510 – Reserved for AP
511 – Reserved for

An example unlicensed SNF: