GE Touch Screen is Freezing

B

Bruce Thompson

Our recently installed GE (model ES1222) Quick Panel touch screens are not responding to touch. When this happens, the time indicated in the lower right hand corner is no longer correct and will not advance.

After cycling the 24 VDC power to the screen, it will boot up and function correctly. The time also returns to the correct time without intervention.

These two screens were only recently installed (five weeks ago) and have each done this many times after about the first week.

What should I be looking for in resolving this (besides getting the vendor back out again)? Have other engineers experienced this problem with GE touch screens? Is this a problem particular to this model and operating system?

Any help is appreciated.

I work with the Quickpanel Models (QPIxx) and sometimes i get a bad month of quickpanels and they fail in a week to 5 weeks depending on the environment they reside in. Unfortunately there is no fix other than to send them back to be looked at by GE Fanuc and either get it fixed or a new one on warranty. Hope this helps.