Generator Differential trip Lockout Alarm

M

MHM

What is the reason of Alarm "Generator Differential trip Lockout" in MARK V???? And at that time there was no Alarm in LGPG111 (Generator protection relay).

So it is confusing for me .
Can any one help me??

So, are you saying the turbine was tripped because of a Generator Differential Lockout? That 'Generator Differential Lockout' was the cause of a turbine trip?

A generator differential lockout device is usually a manually latched "reset" device that can be unlatched by any one of multiple conditions such as a current differential relay or ground differential relay. A contact of the lockout device is connected to the turbine control system, and if that contact changes state then the turbine is tripped.

So, if you're saying there was no alarm on some generator protective relay but the turbine tripped because of a generator differential, then there might be a problem with the wiring between the differential device and the turbine control panel, or the turbine control panel input.

Or, perhaps the alarm was one of several that were annunciated at nearly the same instant and is being incorrectly identified as "the" cause of the trip.

H

Hydropowern plant

Hi all.

Can anyone please to help me about some electrical fault and alarms?

The problem consist: My plant has generator with a power from 4MW/h. The generator rotates by a francis turbine. The generator stops and 2 alarms are shown "Trip with lock out", "Trip without lock out". What do these alarms mean? I only can reset the alarms and I have permission to start again.

Thank you very much