Get pulses at the output of parallel port

T

Tushar

Basically i want to obtain pulses at the output of the parallel port depending upon requirement. Using c-language is it possible to get pulses at the output of the parallel port?

For example, Using PC one can enter number of pulses which are required at the output of parallel port. Pls help me.

It is possible using the C language, but more importantly what operating system are you running? This is the big factor.

Also, do you mean you want to receive pulses, or send pulses, I was not clear on reading your email.

KEJR

> Also, do you mean you want to receive pulses, or send pulses, I was not clear
> on reading your email.

Sir,
Presently i want to just send the pulses. I am using windows vista, windows 7, windows XP. please tell me how i can get pulses? please tell me the details..thanks in advance....

Presently I want to just send the pulses from port. I am using Windows 7, Vista n XP. I want to enter the required amount of pulses which I need using PC. Then same number of pulses i have to get at the output of the port. Sir also tell me which port is more suitable to satisfy my need (serial port or parallel port?). Please give me detail idea to implement this project. Thanks in advance.

I can't vouch for this software as I have not used it, but it claims to be a device driver for Win32 systems:

http://logix4u.net/Legacy_Ports/Parallel_Port/How_Inpout32.dll_works_.html

I would do web searched like I just did, or perhaps try a forum that is more friendly to windows programming (This is an machine automation/control forum). At any rate the link above seems easy to use if you know C/C++ and/or VB. I'm sure there are other drivers out there, maybe even a native driver using regular windows calls.

KEJR

Sir,

Link given by you is not working. please give me working link.Also sir can you help me more for this project? Means how can i do this successfully?

Thanks and regards,
Tushar