GPRS real time data transmission

L

Li Min

Anyone who is interested in GPRS real time data transmission application, you could leave your message here. I would like share the experience of GPRS connectivity application.

A

Abdelaziz Halleb

I am looking for experience sharing in the use of GPRS in M2M for hydraulic plant control.

halleb. omnitech @ planet. tn

Dear Halleb,

I Welcome you TO join the topic for GPRS telemetry application. i would like to share the experience with you and others who are concerned about it.
I have e-mail to you about the technical documentation, please check out your mail box.

As you know, the GPRS modem application has a lot of limitations for field application. Such as it needs your device (PLC or RTU) support AT command output, it needs your device to support TCP/IP or UDP protocol, at same time the devices must initial a PPP to dial-up GPRS network in order to login in and attach GRPS network for internet IP service. Sometimes it maybe requires your devices (PLC or RTU) to support DDNS function.

Another important issue is, how to keep the GPRS status as active? How to maintain the Socket when you use GPRS to attach for data transmission with your SCADA? Does your traditional GPRS support auto re-dial-up in order to attach GPRS network automatically by itself when your GPRS modem was detached from GPRS network? As you know when your GPRS modem has no data for transmission, the mobile phone service provider would kick your GPRS modem off GPRS network. It is not true as commonly described that GPRS is always online. If you want to keep it always online, you must take some steps for that...

So many problems face GPRS users when they adapt GPRS as the communication...

Ok, we have the solution and experience for that, our devices settled these problems mentioned above. Anybody who wants the technical documentation for that---our GPRS DTU, the smart GPRS data terminal unit for telemetry, please leave your e-mail, I'd like send it to you as the reference. Or you could e-mail to me: [email protected]

Hi there,

i am a GSM RF Engineer and also do a number of projects in controls systems. i want to explore the use of GPRS for telemetry. Could you please mail me any documentations, experiences e.t.c

my e-mail is [email protected]

G

Goran Pavlov

GPRS RT data transmission troubles my mind, and any help would be appreciated. Technical documentation would be a nice asset.

I would like provide following URL for you as reference when your applications are IP based GPRS data transmission.
You could download our documentations and demo software, if anyone need the source code for our TCP Server and TCP client software coded by .net 2005, please write to me. limin#pxtech.cn
http://www.pxtech.cn/en/download/download.php

</b>
The following previous URL is not available, we added in this documentation at above URL.
http://www.pxtech.cn/en/download/Documentation/DTUvsMODEM.pdf

B.R
Li Min

Hi,

We are developing a system that transfers files from our device to the PC thru GPRS.

We already have TCP/IP stack tranferring a file thru ethernet.

In this project I need to add GPRS functionality. How to proceed? Please guide me!!

Regards,
Nanda

Hi,

We are looking for documentations about data transmission using GPRS.

We would like to collect data from some points (energy meters).

Unfortunately we have little information about it.

What are points we have to consider for GPRS links?

Yours sincerely,

N
You can go for the GPRS solution from PMAS which uses the wireless routers/gateways for the remote connectivity and get the data realtime.

Hullo,

Without having a computer as an interface between the detector & the GPRS modem, can your GPRS DTU do automatic transmission whenever data is received from the detector? How do you specify the destination address (APN address, MSDN Number, IP Address... etc.)?

L

l.chipfakacha

I need information on how to link several computers on various LANS to a common server through an existing GPRS network using 3G modems as the mode of linking up with the network.

hi,

i am electronics and communication engineer,
working at government organization in Institute of seismological research, gandhinagar. here i would like to know that how to online data or real time transmission of earthquake wave forms from the remote sites, kindly reply on [email protected].

if it is possible then i will tell you brief info about my data formet and every thing about instrument.

thanking you
waiting for your positive reply

J

Jubaer Hossain

> Anyone who is interested in GPRS real time data transmission application, you
> could leave your message here. I would like share the experience of GPRS connectivity application.

Hi, I want to know about it. I want to connect to a access control controller in remote place with GPRS real time data transmission. I sit possible. The controller has RS 232 port and the controller & software both has a feature to connect through modem.

Hi,

I am searching for GPRS application which can send data by mail, Fax, or SMS.

> Anyone who is interested in GPRS real time data transmission application, you
> could leave your message here. I would like share the experience of GPRS connectivity application.

Pl share your experiment.

> I am searching for GPRS application which can send data by mail, Fax, or SMS.

>> Anyone who is interested in GPRS real time data transmission application, you
>> could leave your message here. I would like share the experience of GPRS connectivity application.