Grid Frequency Instability & base load operations

Hi everyone,

Relatively new here and have had some really useful insights from a lot of guys here treating many posts since joining, though this is my own very first post (cries of help).

We operate a series of GE 9E in SC configuration, single fuel DLN-1 in Africa, supplying power to the grid. Problem is not being able to optimise the units (500MW combined plant capacity) due grid swings. Mostly have to go to pre-select load once the grid goes beyond certain frequency. Hopeless to say units rated at 126MW ISO being operated at pre-select loads of 70MW because of grid. Even if we produce our own fuel! What can be done to keep our units in baseload control even at relatively higher/lower grid frequencies? I have heard of "increasing the deadband", if anyone knows what this means. I will suppose this means incresing the droop deadband nominally set at between 49.5hz to 50.5hz to something wider?

If this is done, what will be the implication on the turbine and the generators?

Thanks
Hi everyone,

Relatively new here and have had some really useful insights from a lot of guys here treating many posts since joining, though this is my own very first post (cries of help).

We operate a series of GE 9E in SC configuration, single fuel DLN-1 in Africa, supplying power to the grid. Problem is not being able to optimise the units (500MW combined plant capacity) due grid swings. Mostly have to go to pre-select load once the grid goes beyond certain frequency. Hopeless to say units rated at 126MW ISO being operated at pre-select loads of 70MW because of grid. Even if we produce our own fuel! What can be done to keep our units in baseload control even at relatively higher/lower grid frequencies? I have heard of "increasing the deadband", if anyone knows what this means. I will suppose this means incresing the droop deadband nominally set at between 49.5hz to 50.5hz to something wider?

If this is done, what will be the implication on the turbine and the generators?

Thanks
can i have your Email please