H2S Gas Measurement

S

S.S.SHELKE

What is the most used and reliable method of measuring the H2S conc. in ppm, other than the lead acetate paper based (colorimetery based)?

K

Ken Lionarons

If you really require online measurement and frequent determinations, there is a UV method which utilizes a xenon strobe and a photodiode array. This takes advantage of the unique (in methane or natural gas) UV absorbtion. I think they can get down to about 2 ppm. In an extraction situation, to keep the electronics far from the process) condensation and film buildup should not be a problem.

Good Luck

Ken Lionarons
islandsensors.com

P
I have used an ABB Vista 2000 online process gas chromatograph for ppm H2S measurment.

Phil McKay
TRESCO INTERNATIONAL (AUST) PTY LTD Silvan, Vic, Australia

hai sir,

i am rakhee from instrumentation department. i got a problem with H2S analyser. i need the flow diagram of that which i couldn't find out. waiting for ur reply.

thank u
bye

S
What are the adventages with using the UV measuring and not a GC for online measuring of H2S? And is there a difference in price?

> What is the most used and reliable
>method of measuring the H2S conc. in
>ppm, other than the lead acetate paper
>based (colorimetery based)?

--- Any update on this? There have been for a few years laser-based optical analyzers marketed for fast and supposedly accurate measurements of H2S contaminants. The major advantages of the laser-based optical analyzers being a reduction in the costs, maintenance, and hazardous waste disposal associated with using the UV, gas chromatograph and lead-acetate techniques.

Regards,
NL

> What is the most used and reliable method of measuring the H2S conc. in ppm, other than the lead acetate
> paperbased (colorimetery based)?

> --- Any update on this? There have been for a few years laser-based optical analyzers marketed for fast and
> supposedly accurate measurements of H2S contaminants. The major advantages of the laser-based optical analyzers being
> a reduction in the costs, maintenance, and hazardous waste disposal associated with using the UV, gas chromatograph and
> lead-acetate techniques.

Try SpectraSensors.com. They offer an innovative tunable diode laser technology to measure H2S at low ppm levels.