Has anyone experience with IL of GE series1?

C

Cryo

<p>I do not understand the meaning of "MCS" and "MCR" in the instruction list of GE series1. Please anyone briefly explain. Thank you in advance. The following is the sample of the IL:
<pre>
0304: STR TMR 620
0305: MCS
0306: STR NOT 062
0307: AND NOT 064
0308: AND NOT 065
0309: OUT 220#
0310: STR 062
0311: AND 064
0312: AND NOT 065
0313: OUT 221#
0314: MCR
0315: STR 307
</pre>

R
MCS is used to define the start of a Master Control Relay zone. MCR is used to define the end of the zone.

In your program example, addresses 304 and 305 define the start of a master control zone that will be active only while timer 620 is timed out. Addresses 306 to 309 define a rung that will energize output 220 if inputs 62 and 64 and 65 are deenergized. Addresses 310 to 313 define a rung that will energize output 221 if inputs 62 and 64 are energized, and input 65 is not energized. Address 314 defines the end of the master control relay zone. Address 315 is the beginning of the next rung.

Richard Gue
North Star Ice Equipment Corp.

M
The instructions of Master Control energize the internal part. The instruction forms isolates a block. Delimited by MCS (Master Control SET) and MCR (Master Control RESET).

The content of this block only is energized when the related MCS is active. As a main key, if the block have timers, can cancel the shot of the timer and disable the MCS of the block. Also, it can be utilized to freeze an event, and the internal instructions are not run.

Is able to or does not depend on the PLC, swap MCS/MCR. (EX:MCS1;instructions;MCS2;...;MCR;MCR)

I recommend to isolate the program, helpful for security and safety, helpful to isolate the part of control that command pieces that can produce risk and mischief, enable only when necessary, occurring you fail strangers will be sure in the use adapted of MCS/MCR.

Analysis, the use and utilizes freely, without I tamper with, the instructions if OFF no less SCAN-TIME. (read off all instructions internal.)

Macgyver BR

C

calvin smith

the "mcs and msr" master control set and master control reset. it has been a while but, here goes. they can be used for conditional loops ex. if input 1 is on then do this or is input 2 on do this.

hope this helps
calvin smith
[email protected]