Having trouble with PLC-500 A.I. series & Win XP

C

Chris

I am having trouble installing PLC-500 A.I. Series on a new IBM laptop running Windows XP Pro. The install appears to go smoothly and the activation is moved from the floppy to c:\ but when I try to run the program it hangs up when looking for activation. I have to abruptly end the program. Any ideas.

This is version 8.18.

S

ScienceOfficer

Chris---

PLC-500 is not supported under WindowsXP. It's still supported under DOS6, its last intended environment.

Like all of the other function-key based software you have abandoned over the last ten years, it's time for you to move on from A.I. software to the current stuff.

A.I. software works under Win95, Win98, WinNT, WinME, and Win2K. Not bad for DOS software. My beloved "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" software won't even run under Windows at all!

If you want to run old software, run it under the operating system it was designed for.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver
Rexel / Central Florida

The A.I. software can be used under XP, only an environement variable needs to be set, to tell the SW to first check the C:drive instead of the A: drive.

set checkdrives=c

After configuring your driver settings to a RSLinx driver (and configuring RSLinx accordingly) it is possible to use your A.I.500 SW for any SLC or Micrologix that SW supports!

M

Mike chymbor

I noticed that when I didn't have my floppy drive installed in my laptop, the same problem occured. I swap my floppy & CD in & out in my laptop. if I put the floppy drive back in it ran fine.