HAWKWIN software

D

Danielle Singh

does anyone have any experience using the HAWK-I PLC and the HAWKWIN software. I'm currently using the HAWKWIN software but i'm getting some problems using it. The manual that came with the software was not very helpful. Also i was told that the program could store data in an Excel file. I haven't found out how this is done as yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

E

Engelberth Rodriguez

I imagine that you're refering to the Amot Hawk-Win- B Software, used to testing and programing the Amot Hawk-I controllers. Yes, I've used it recently to program and install three Hawk-I Controllers on an Oil Distribution Plant. What kind of data do you want to send to EXCEL? What other problems do you have? Engelbert Rodriguez Projects Engineer REELVENSA Venezuela

D

Danielle Singh

I'm cuurrently just testing out the capabilities of the Hawk-I controller, I recently installed two PId boards and now the Relay outputs reamin on all of the time regardless of the programming i put in, the computer monitoring the PLC also sees the relays as being off but they still remain on. I am also trying to test out the analog I/O so i connected a 4-20 mA source directly to the inputs and tryed to see if the PLc would detect it but the PC monitoring the PLC does not see any input and reads the channel as faulty. I also tried sending out an analog signal through the analog outputs but this also does not seem to work. Also could you describe to me some of the sensors you used. Thanks your e-mail address would be of great help. > I imagine that you're refering to the Amot Hawk-Win- B Software, used to testing and programing the Amot Hawk-I controllers. Yes, I've used it > recently to program and install three Hawk-I Controllers on an Oil Distribution Plant. > > What kind of data do you want to send to EXCEL? What other problems do you have? > > Engelbert Rodriguez > Projects Engineer > REELVENSA > Venezuela

E

Engelberth Rodriguez

Hi Danielle, sorry for not answering your message before, but I was in a business travel, in a remote place. > I'm currently just testing out the capabilities of the Hawk-I > controller, I recently installed two PId boards and now the Relay > outputs remain on all of the time regardless of the programming i put > in, the computer monitoring the PLC also sees the relays as being off > but they still remain on. Are you using the monitor option of HawkWin software, I always prefer to check it before any other software > I am also trying to test out the analog I/O so i connected a 4-20 mA > source directly to the inputs and tryed to see if the PLc would detect > it but the PC monitoring the PLC does not see any input and reads the > channel as faulty. Here applies the previous comentary. And, check your Hawk-I model, some models do not need a 4-20mA source becouse it have it internally, you just need the transmitter. > I also tried sending out an analog signal through the analog > outputs but this also does not seem to work. Be carefull with that, in most of the cases, you need to put a resistor connected to the mA reading dispositive. > Also could you describe to me some of the sensors you used. > Thanks your e-mail address would be of great help. I've used the Hawk-I to control oil pumps based on diesel motors. With Rosemount sensors, RTD's and simple contacts switch. Please feel free to write me if you still need help. If I know how, I'll do. Engelbert Rodriguez Projects Engineer REELVENSA Venezuela