Heidenhain ERO 120 encoder technical alignment specs and procedure

P

Paul L.

I am an electronics tech seeking info including technical alignment specs and procedure for A Heidenhain "ERO 120" rotory encoder that came stock on Bridgeport Boss8 and 9 CNC mills (mid 1980's) fitted with SEM servo motors. (It seems this info is secretly guarded by who knows what? Who knows where?) Links or any direct info would be greatly appriciated.

SINCERELY Paul L.

I am assuming that these motors are commutated by the encoders? If so, then you probably will not find what you are looking for. Who makes the motors? Do you have a complete description? The reason it is so difficult is that if the commutation/ parameterization software was available to anyone then the manufacturer would lose business because anyone could repair their motors.

I work in a servo motor repair shop and have just had an incremental encoder in on a S.E.M. d.c. motor which I have just ordered a new one from Heidenhain and who will give you the pin out detail. But if yours is an ac servo motor then the commutation signals are the ones you need and their alignment to the stator windings which you can always find if you know the power up terminals. But this is assuming that the encoder is good in the first place. Normal day in a servo shop is trying to find out info from under license controls. But Heidenhain own SEM now so try them. They all want to sell products.

Tom, my SEM unit is DC. More spacifically the motor tag reads...TYPE MT 30R4-33 S/N k98024...CONT STALL TORQUE 3.2 MN TENV...MAX RPM 4000...VOLTS 132...PULSE AMPS 65...TACHO 9.5V/1000 RPM...INSUL F...k83-4016..."PERM MAGNET DC SERVOMOTOR".

I have replaced the encoder lamp, (light source)
and in doing so have upset the alignment of the
adjustable apperature template between the lamp and the chopper wheel, and the placement of the
round (3 screwes) circ board ultimately effecting the position of the light beam sensors fixed to the backside of this board receiving focused light pulses through the chopper wheel.

Parameters of interest are:
* Encoder RPM during alignment

* .75mm allen screws (3 of 5 places) adjustment proceedure.

* Output waveform as viewed on dual trace scope quadurature? ...90 deg phase angle?

* Anplitude adjustment proceedure?

* Phase angle alignment between outputs (assuming A, A-, B, B- OUTPUT?)

* Heidenhain said they possesed approx 4 sheets on the ero 120, but when I very clearly and politely ask for the info on those 4 sheets they acted as if they didn't hear me.??

* A schematic, waveform chart, and alignment proceedures, and any other info would be super useful to have, if obtainable.

(I would really like to do this alignment myself since the only knowledgable person on the subject I know, has this unprofessional way of mutating what he said(or ment?)in our previous communication, seemingly every following conversation!

"SAYING IT WILL BE $1,000,000 THE FIRST TIME
IS FAR MORE RESPECTABLE THAN CHANGING THE PRICES AND, OR, CONDITIONS EACH TIME WE SPEAK!"

It's easier to deal with people when they just say what they mean the first time.

THANKS for any and all tech info you can connect me with.

SINCERELY
Paul L

I too need this information as I have an ERO-115 that needs a light source replaced.

Have you found these specs?

Bill