Help Control.com identify great posts for ControlWiki

Hi all,

I'm writing to ask your assistance. Over the years, Control.com users have posted some amazing tutorials on a variety of general automation topics. However, identifying them out of the over-150,000 posts (!) on the site is a major undertaking.

Do you recall any good, descriptive posts on an automation topic, or perhaps you wrote one or more yourself? Please use this thread to call them to our attention.

Our principal moderator, who is also a Technical Writer, will adapt them to the ControlWiki format, giving credit to the original author.

Posts should be of general interest, as you would expect to see in an encyclopedic publication like a wiki.

Authors, immortality awaits, as the Bard wrote:
"When wasteful war shall statues overturn,
And broils root out the work of masonry,
Nor Mars his sword nor war's quick fire shall burn
The living record of your memory."

Ken Crater
Control.com

J

Jeremy Pollard

Hey Ken.

Curt W, Micheal Griffin, Lynn August Linse are 3 authors who have provided exceptional posts over the years. while I'm sure there are others, these 3 guys stand out to me.

Cheers from: Jeremy Pollard, CET The Caring Canuckian!
Crisis, necessity, change
www(.)tsuonline.com
Control Design www(.)controldesignmag.com
Manufacturing Automation www(.)automationmag.com
3 Red Pine Court, RR# 2 Shanty Bay, Ontario L0L 2L0

It took me awhile to find it.

The reply by Pat Lansdorf in thread 1267803349, Modbus Communication Problems, is really a treatise on RS-485 2 wire issues. It is very well written and I consider it a near-trade journal quality article (missing only some graphics) and I think it deserves separate archiving.

David