Help: Digital to Analog Device Requirement

R

Robert McGarry

Hi All,

I am searching for a device to output a signal onto a circuit of between -10mA and +10mA. The signal is reasonably static so I don't need any clever switching etc.

I already have a solution that uses a Moxa E1241 which outputs a current of 4mA to 20mA which is then routed through a Wiedmuller DC-to-DC converter to get the desired range. However I don't like the complexity and additional points of failure that this solution creates.

Also, it would be wonderful if I could find something in PCI or PCIE card form that I could just drive from a PC infrastructure and not be worried about additional power supplies etc.

I just can't find a card that does this. Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
Robert.

W
Then use National Instruments LabView to design what you want and buy an FPGA and program it with the LabView instruction set.

R

Robert McGarry

Thanks for that Walt but I was really hoping to buy something off the shelf - does anybody know of manufacturers who produce cards/devices that output -10mA to +10mA current signals?

W
Several. Try Advantech, Acromag, Omega, AutomationDirect, EZAutomation, Action Instruments, PhoenixContact, among others. Google "signal conditioners" and you'll find a lot of them.