Help! Help! Help! The project is top urgent!

F

F. Zhukov

Dear Sirs,

We introduce a project based on the work with the equipment Schneider at the metallurgical plant. Fact of the matter is electric welding. Quantum with RIO was chosen as a control item. But we faced two very serious problems.

Needed:
1. Module that provides an impulse signal with the frequency outlet of 400 Hz. Changeable frequency from 0 to 400 Hz.

2. Module of the signal processing from the linear displacement sensor (maintaining SSI interface)

We’d looked through all the catalogues in sight but found nothing. Contractors suggest to turn from Schneider to Siemens 'cause they assure that Siemens has already a solution about the frequency outlet and SSI interface maintenance. But we need Schneider.

HELP! Top urgent! What other solutions can we have?

Ukraine

Phoenix Contact, Wago, and Beckhoff and maybe others are making terminal strip type devices the connect to interbus, modbus, and other networks. These devices take analog inputs and encoder inputs to the terminal strip module. The data is then put onto network data stream into PLCs. For the frequency output, could you use an analog output to drive a phoenix contact module that would convert input signal into an output frequency??

For SSI IF,
See http://www.amci.com, AMCI has SSI Modules for AB & GE, I've used both, the developed the SSI IF for the GEF 9070 based upon available info, and should be able to make a Quantum version as well.

or check around, I recall that there were some standalone SSI I/Fs that provided outputs conversions also.

Check out WAGO Pulse Width Output module 750-511 -can be used with simple WAGO bus coupler (network adapter) or PLC (the PLC is relatively inexpensive around $386 list and is very powerful - going with this option would allow you to better program the local function you are trying to accomplish and increase your PLC's scan time if already overburdened). If you require specific application support call 1-800-346-7245 - it is free!

http://www.wago.com/wagoweb/documentation/750/eng_dat/d051100e.pdf