help on serial communication on DOS using C++

M

mizie

i'm currently doing a project to communicate with an embedded PC with microcontroller using serial port. i need to write the program using C++, but i don't how to do and where to start. my problem is the serial port communication in DOS. i don't know about the declaration
about it. i tried to find through the net, most of them is for Win32. i really need somebody to help me. PLEASE!!!

H
welllllll if you go to google and type in bios_serialcom you'll get loads of links to both tutorials and source code that will easily get you through...

R

Robert Scott

Serial support by DOS is quite poor. It is nothing more than what is offered by the BIOS, which is non-interrupt driven one character at a time. Most serious DOS serial applications use a 3rd party or built-in serial driver. I don't know of any 3rd party sources offhand because I wrote my own. It is not easy, so unless you want to learn more than you ever wanted to know about interrupts in DOS and assembly language, try to find a 3rd party DOS serial driver.

Robert Scott
Real-Time Specialties
Embedded Systems Consulting