Help, Panelmate interface

M

Max Quintana

Ok, to start I am a beginner and any response will be greatly appreciated. I am installing a Panelmate 1700 plus on a Modicon 984-680 PLC. My questions are pretty basic. How does the interface change and edit registers? Does the old thumbwheel T->R logic still need to be in the plc logic? Basically, how does the panelmate change the inputs that would normally be from a thumbwheel? Any other knowledge by someone who has performed this seemingly impossible task is appreciated.

S

Steve Bailey

I'm assuming that your thumbwheels were wired to discrete inputs and your ladder logic converted from BDC to integer.

The PanelMate is capable of writing directly to the destination register of the conversion operation, so you can delete that ladder logic.

If the protocol you're using allows you to write integer data to a group of sixteen discrete bits, then the PanelMate can write BCD data to the same addresses the thumbwheels were wired to and you can leave the ladder logic alone. If you do it that way, you can't reuse the input module at the same address.

B

Brian Marshall

> Ok, to start I am a beginner and any response will be greatly appreciated. I am installing a Panelmate 1700 plus on a Modicon 984-680 PLC.... === Did you get a satisfactory answer? Configure a readout template or variable-size readout template on the screen of your choice. Within the template, enable numeric control Set the readout to [4xxx1], where xxx1 is the final destination of the data. Set the input field to [?] Set the input target address to [4xxx2]. This will allow you to check in the 680 for valid numbers, after which you can pass a good 4xxx2 to 4xxx1. There is a way of range checking in the panelmate field, but it's clumsy. If you want to do decimal points or double registers in your thumbwheel replacement and don't know how, email me. [email protected]