help to start my project

M

mina

m now trying 2 begin my graduation project but its my 1st time 2 go on with a contol system.

as a summary my project is to contol a petroleum plant through a pc (i.e. as if m in control room)
i'll do it using the parallel port & visual basic6
so if any1 can guide me through the roots it'll b gr8 from thnx thnx 4 ur care.

Oh no!!! Not another soft PLC solution. Look at using a PLC system and SCADA over the top. It is much more secure and works much better!!!!

M

Matthew Hyatt

What exactly are you looking for? if you have made it to this point in your education, I would think you would know where to start for a project like this. Perhaps we should get the credit for doing your homwork.

Do some research on petroleum plants and their operation, design a control scheme on paper and implement it in VB on your PC. Are you going to have actualy control points external to the PC?

Ask a student advisor or your professor, ask some of your classmates, pick up some guidelines from sources in the library, do some homework and reading, writes some notes, plan your project.

If you get stuck with some code issue or how to interface with the parallel port, ask for help.

G

gafar mujahid

Hiiiiiiiiiii mina

u can control any thing by using both h/w n software.

my adwise to is ----using microcontroller it is possible.

i know little about microc--- for further detail contact me.

hope u will reply me soooooooooooon.

D
I agree Bob!
NO SOFT PLC SOLUTIONS!
Might I recommend a master PLC control node with redundant hot-swappable processors, a dedicated DDE IO server, SQL data aquisition, And multiple scada interface nodes!

Just kidding...
If it's in your budget this stuff is all readily available off the shelf. For a cheap PLC look at the stuff at automationdirect.com. You can pick up a plc (DL-05/06) and analog points for dirt cheap, and a packaged DLL interface (DSDATA) so you dont have to reinvent the wheel. Since this is a school project you probably won't need more than 64 tags so look at http://www.wonderware.com for the intouch package. The development package can be bought in a 64 tag configuration for fairly cheap. Maybe even cheaper for a school project if you talk to the right people. The budget will come in far cheaper than your tuition last semester.

Good luck,

David