HELP TSX 47-30 and programing port!!!

P

pugawkof

I am trying to read the code of a telemecanique plc tsx 47-30, because it has an I/O failure (red led I/O ON) and it don't work anymore.

I was reading in the forum that I needed the xtel with pl7_3 with OS/2 operating system, and the programing cable PLC/PC TSXTAC03.

I get the soft xtel, intalled the os/2 in a virtual machine with MS virtual pc, and have all running ok.
But i could't get the programming cable, my local schneider distributor say me that they haven't it to sell me,so i read at forum that the cable is an rs232/rs485 conversor and i bought it to make my own cable, but it doesn't work. I read in the pl7 manual and it says that the programming port uses the current loop comunication standard, i bought a rs232/current loop, but again it doesn't work.

I have checked with an oscilloscope and the cable is ok, the signals that send the pl7.3 soft reach the the plc(go to the microcontroller rx pin), but it does not respond, the soft always show me "ERROR INITIALIZATION DRIVER"
I am very frustrated and desperated.. i dont know what i am doing wrong...

I anyone know something any comment o suggestion that could help me,i will appreciate..

Thanks you
Fernando

M

Michael Griffin

I am not familiar with your PLC or your software, but virtual machines can cause timing irregularities in software which some protocols are sensitive to. Does the "xtel" software communicate with a PLC that you know is good?
You may have to install OS/2 and the xtel software directly on a separate hard drive without an intervening VM.

G
I would recommend that you use OS2 properly installed as an operating system on it's own partition as Windows always keeps a hook into the serial port. You should also enable the A20 line in your PC bios. The comms interface is definitely RS232/20mA current loop not RS485

R

Robert D. Wagner

Pugawkof,
Can't tell from your post what may be wrong with your current setup but I
have one of the original equipment Telemecanique converter with cables. If
interested you can contact me off list at: [email protected]

Robert D. Wagner, P.E.