Help with GE-Frame 5 Spin test

behrad_m,

"We cain't spin-dry the tuhbine!"

That was one phone call I received a few years ago. Took me a few minutes to determine the unit had been off-line water-washed and they were trying to CRANK the unit to dry it out (at least that's what I think that person was trying to say, because we just could not communicate; his accent was SO thick, but his brain was even thicker and just insisted on using terms which were foreign to anyone else but himself).

I have absolutely zero idea of what you are asking, and there is zero context for the question above. Discs? Turbine wheels? Compressor stages? Is this a question about balancing or vibration or CRANKing or ???

behrad_m,

Are you still there? Can you provide any information to help us help you with your question?

Dear CSA
Sorry I was So busy,
It`s different from spin-dry.
I talked about Spin Test of Compressor Discs and Turbine Wheels; It`s a Term by GE Company which Used to describe an operation on disassembled Wheels by getting them hot while spin for improve mechanical properties of them.
My problem was don`t know which discs on compressor have "Spin Test" which have solved by one of my friends.

Thank you,

behrad_m,

Thank you for your clarification.

This is a controls-related forum.

We deal primarily in controls-related issues.

We occasionally dabble in mechanical (and balancing/vibration) issues--but very rarely, as this is primarily a controls-related forum, but usually only as the issue might relate to controls concerns.

Blessed day.