Help with HSB Micromodem 56 and more generally linux

R

Richard Stephenson

Ok, i think i have all the files i need. but how, please, do i install it onto debian. i am accessing the internet by windows me, and i want to know how to transfer the files onto debian.
Ye, u guessed it, im completely new to this.

C

Curt Wuollet

I don't do debian or at least not for years but you should be able to list the files in your windows partition with mdir c: and copy them with mcopy c:<filename> . This is from the root login on your debian install. an alternate is to mount the windows partition and simply cp them. If you have a fancy KDE environment they may be visible to the file manager already.

Hope this helps. Try posting on the lplc list, more debian users there. I don't remember what they use for a wm.

Regards

cww

W
Hello Richard,

Use telnet from WME, copy the file from your Windows box to the Debian box over Ethernet.

But we needed someone around to do away with presumptuous boasting and pride; why did you kill her?

Willy Smith
Numatics, Inc.
Costa Rica

R

Richard Stephenson

Um.... i dont have ethernet. Well.. I ve figured out now how to transfer files, but also figured out i had the drivers for the wrong kernel version. I have version 2.2.19IDE. (potato+UNDMA66-Debian Linux). You sed you dont use debian so anyone else? dont even think about saying about makefiles, i cant get that working yet.