Help with Programming Fish Transferring Pump

R

rhy

Hi there...
i was just given the task to program a plc to automate a fish transferring pump. Thing is i know nothing about boolean logic. I'm slowly teaching myself but it would be nice to get some expert opinions or help. I'm using a siemens logo 12/24 plc with Soft comfort software.

Its kind of hard to know where to start to answer a post like this. I will assume you've started at the Siemens site and at least checked out the application examples ...

http://www.automation.siemens.com/m...-logo/application-examples/Pages/Default.aspx
(remove any spaces from the link)

You say "you don't understand boolean logic". I'm going to be generous and assume you do actually understand basic functions like AND, OR, NOT etc and can program in something even if its "only" excel visual basic for applications. Did you actually mean to say that you don't understand ladder logic or function block type languages? If so, then the tutorials for your PLC should help you understand these pretty easily.

To be honest, you really should consider the long term costs of trying to do this job yourself without at least some professional on-site help. Programming a simple motor stop / start is something a professional can do in a few hours but the novice can make a terrible mess of it. A few extra bucks spent up front will ensure you have the right signals, save you from breaking the equipment, hours of troubleshooting in the future and also give you a clear example of how it "should" be done which is a much better learning opportunity than trying yourself without any backup.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz