Hexafile on tms320c31

S

Satya Kumara

Hi there,

I am working on motion control using tms320c31 processor with its debuger window. One of the feature is that variables can be stored in memory and then saved to file in hexa form. Can any body explain how this hexa number can be converted to decima number ? The converted number is int. I am using ANSI C compiler.

Thanks a lot.

Satya

Y

yoppi effendie

Hi Satya ...
an example: your hex number is 0x54a0 in little endian, then your int number will be 5*(16^3) + 4*(16^2) + 10*(16^1) + 0*(16^0). The sign will be stored in its most significant bit, in this case '0', also positiv.
The tms320c6xxx and tms320c5xxx debugger can show the variables either in hex or in int format without any extra convertion. What about tms320c3x debugger?

S

Satya Kumara

Hi Yoppi,

> The tms320c6xxx and tms320c5xxx debugger can show the variables either in hex or in int format without any extra convertion. What about tms320c3x debugger? <

Debuger c31 can also show the number in different
system/format. However, for my application I want to store some of the variables in the memory and retreive them later after finish execution. This number will then processed further using matlab for comparsion between DAC output and original variables. This can be done using hex2file command of the debuger but unfortunately I couldn't find reference/manual for using this command. Could anybody help ?

Thanks.

satya

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D General Automation Chat 0