High temperature pressure gauge

H

Haydn Edwards

Has anyone had experience of a pressure gauge/sensor that can have it's sensor end in a vessel that is at approx 1000 deg C ?

This might be accomplished by remote seal transmitter. The remote seal is mounted on the vessel and transmitter should be remotely mounted away from high heat source. Suggest sleeved armoured cappillary also. Not sure if cappillary fill can take the high heat. check with manufacturers on this issue Honeywell, Rosemount, Smar, yokogawa, etc.

Mark

The pressure gauge shouldn't have to be exposed to the internal temperatures of the vessel. Pipe it into a service port on the vessel away from the process and temperature shouldnt be a problem.

C

Craig Turner

The nearest to your spec i have found has been developed by NASA made from silicon carbide but is rated for 815 C the question i ask is what is the medium you are measuring and could you lower the temp to the transducer by cooling with a water jacket or at that temp even nitrogen. I know that in boiler drum level temperature is lowered using wet legs but steam in a drum does not reach the temperatures you are looking at.

There is no pressure gauge or transmitter that can withstand such extreemly high temperature! According to the flowing fluid you can decide which technology to use. If it is a hot gas application; then you can use a long impulse line to reduce the temp. to less than 120 Deg. C. then you may use a pressure gauge or transmitter, also you may use a cooling liquid to wrk as a barrier between the hot gas and the measuring device.

Rule of thumb - 1 foot extension for every 100F.

Can be done with capillary coiled; cooling tower siphon; or pipe extension to remote diaphragm seals with 750F - 800F rated fill fluid.

Y

Y.K.JARIWALA

Earlier Taylor Instruments used to manufacture
remote seal transmitter NAK FILLED , which used
to withstand very high temp.

I do not exactly remember the temp range. You
can check this with ABB process automation div.
ABB had taken over Taylor instruments. We do not
know now the availability of the same product.
You can still try.

Jari
[email protected]

J
We are developing a pressure sensor that will operate above 1000degC in harsh environments (e.g. corrosive). They are not yet commercially available, but I would be interested to hear about your application

[email protected]