HMI Data display problem

E

ESKAY

Dear Mk5 experts,

ours is a GE Fr6 Mk5 HMI controlled turbine. The status of DC emergency lube oil pump is not shown (running) on the Motor status display page, while the 88QE is simulated to run. Normally the status target display is shown "stopped". While 88QE running the Display data must show "Running". I can see the status of other displays in L30D. For example L30D_RS is for "ready to start" under status display at the main page. Similarly for Motor status display field, where can I get the proper status signal names? So that I can able to monitor. Kindly advice. Thanx...

L72QEZ 88QE-1 Emergency Lube oil pump status:

L72QEZ = log. "1" for "Running"
L72QEZ = log. "0" for "Stopped"

Dear Mr. Ray 2000,

Thanks for your response to my thread on 88QE running status. The logic for the 88QE running is L72QEZ,which is "1" when pump is not running and while the pump is running it is logic "0" with L72QEZ_ALM goes to "1" for initiating ALM 88QE running.

Where as as my question is about the status change for 88QE under MOTOR STATUS display with static and dynamic field. Eg.Emergency L.O PUMP (static display) and against "STOPPED" field (dynamic) to show the status which turns "RUNNING" while the pump is "ON". My question is about this dynamic field which does not change from "stopped" to "Running" even with L72QEZ_ALM = "1"."Emergency L.O pump running", ALM is being initiated while the pump is running. What is the display data signal name for this dynamic field? Kindly share your view..Thanks.

Hi,

If i understood, your problem is with HMI display; change the sens in the cim edit view for the screen.
Or else can use variable L72QE to display it correctly without any changes in the screen sens.
It is the ~L72qez

Let me know if further clarification is needed.

As you said L72QEZ shall be 1 for STOPPED condition and "0" for "RUNNING " condition.

Check if the mimics configuration is like so... If it is so, then check the wiring at field whether it is connected as per the right NO, NC configuration to get the status like that...

Also in Mark V we have Inverse selection possibility in IO_CFG files. This also can be considered while the analysis is being done...

Regards

Hi,

Thanks to ur response. I just compared the display shown for the 88QA motor (Auxillary lube oil pump). When I force the L52QA to "1" OR simulate the contact input at [Q][QD1]CI39, the status of 88QA at MOTOR STAUS page, changes from "STOPPED" to "RUNNING". where as forcing L52QA_ALM to "1" causes the "88QA pump running" alarm to appear in the alarm page.

But for 88QE, forcing L72QEZ1 to logic "1",causes the alarm "Emergency LO pump NOT running" to appear in the ALARM display page. whereas forcing the L72qez_ALM to "1" causes the alarm "88QE pump running" to indicate in ALARM page. Status at MOTOR control display page does NOT change.

My general question is - where to look for the correct signal names for the various dynamic target displaying variable condition/status of the controls? for example: -L30D_RS is for the dynamic display of the target "ready to start" at the main display page. Similarly which file gives the information about the target signal names for the MOTOR STATUS display. Please share your views. Thanks..

Hi,

On GE HMI with Cimplicity, the text and/or color of the dynamic filed is setup on the 'Color Animation' tab while the properties of the object are displayed. Details of the procedure you can find in the GE document: GFK1396F (CimEdit, operation manual).

In short.
Using CimEdit program you have to open (edit) the file where Motor Status is present. This can be independent file or it will be part of the Unit_control.cim file. In the second case you have to open 'Frame Container' and navigate to the proper screen.

Right click on the field with the description you are interested in and go to Properties. Look at the tab: 'Group' then below open 'Objects', right click on the object you are interested in and go to Properties. Go to 'Color Animation' tab and then: 'Expression list' and 'Edit'. Here you will find the signal name or formula that decides which text or color is displayed on that field. Depends on how the screen was arranged, in order to reach to the final field it is necessary to go several times through 'Group' tab.

Do not use the option 'Ungroup' (after right click) as some properties of the screen arrangement could be lost in this way (warning message comes up).

Regards

Dear GER73,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks for your reply and advice. Now the turbine is running ans I shall verify during the next outage. This can be done while the turbine is running also, but I better wait for the next outage as this NOT a very serious problem.

Thanks again and regards..