HMI for A-B Softlogix

D

Doug Pirkey

We are beginning the process of replacing our PLC-2/30s (finally) with Softlogix (don't ask me why). The existing HMI is a terminal interface from Xycom. There's no sophisticated stuff going on here, just moving boxes from point A to point B.

This arrangement will display, using a number, the location of jams, loads which have lost their destination/tracking data, and a few screens for altering/reentering lost data. There is a paper layout of the system to reference the displayed error number to the actual location of the problem.

Part of the changeover will be to transfer the layout into the PC/HMI with the idea of adding some limited animation to point the operator in the right direction when a problem does occur.

Are there any opinions/guidance for HMI packages which can and will work with Softlogix? Panelview is ruled out.

I've been fooling around on the bench with LookoutDirect, a customized version of Lookout made for AutomationDirect accessing a PLC-5/40 via OPC. I read through 150 posts to this forum and saw nothing about Lookout. Any opinions on or experiences with this package?

Thanks.

HELLO,
YOUR EASIST (AND PROBABLY LEAST COSTLY SOLUTION) IS RSVIEW32, OR ANY ACTIVE X COMPLIANT MMI. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PURCHACE A DELEVOPMENT KEY, I AM A CONTRACT PROGRAMMER SPECIALIZING IN ROCKWELL / ALLEN BRADLEY PRODUCTS. PLEAS E MAIL IF I CAN BE OF [email protected] THANKS.

Hi!
About your application, need to use Softlogix PLC, so! AB have two series of SoftLogix, they are include Softlogix5, This product look similar PLC-5 product if you are familia. So! they are have DH+ netowrk, then you can have any HMI (PanelView or PC-Based HMI) to connected to this PLC, for the second they are Softlogix5800, this product look like ControlLogix PLC, this product can add Data Highway plus network or EthernetIP, you also can use PanelView or Any PC-Based HMI (using OPC server driver). Any way the last dicision for you, that up to your requirment.
For more information, please look at "www.ab.com":http://www.ab.com

Regards,