HMI Panel using PanelView

R

ramesh

hello,

What are all things required to do HMI Panel PanelView 550 which has to control SLC 500 PLC? Please help me.

Fist, you need to determine what kind of protocol you are going to use. This depends of your SLC version and configuration and also of the PanelView (panelview comes with an predefined not changeable communication protocol) . SLC 5/01 or 5/02 you will need DH485, 5/03 to 5/04 you can use DF1. Or you can use DH+, Devicenet, RIO or ControlNet if you have installed the respective card in the SLC.
The panel view 550 has to have this protocol as the communication protocol.
For the configuration of the PanelView you will need the PanelBuilder 32 software to build up the HMI application
You will need also the communication cable between the panelview and the SLC.
I hope this help.

T

Trevor Ousey \(BJH\)

1. Have the programming software, Panelbuilder32 and RSLogix500, 2. Select the a communications type, RS232, DH485 or DH+, DeviceNet. If it is a SLC5/04 I recommend the DH+ version for a Panelview. 3. Look at the sample programs if you don't know where to start. 4. Just have a go, the system is relatively simple and the software comes with all the manuals. If you are looking at some tricky things check the web knowledge base at www.ab.com