HMI software driver to SQL database

A

A. D. Hudgens

I plan to move SCADA data into a SQL real time database running on a web server. I'm looking for a HMI software package to display plant information in a graphical format. I think I will need a SQL driver to translate to my web based HMI. Can someone help identify a good software package with the type driver I need?

M

Michel Kakos

ISaGRAF offers an integrated product where HMI, data acquisition (control) and an ODBC interface all reside on the same computer. Data read and displayed can therefore be sent to your RT DB to be displayed on the web, or you can also use ISaGRAF's embedded web server (HiBeam). Our company is a master distributor for ISaGRAF and has helped to implement many project such as yours using this product. Michel ([email protected])

Y

Yosef Feigenbaum

GE's Cimplicity has a built-in Web server and logs it's historical data directly to SQL. You can even purchase the package bundled with MSSQLServer.

Good Luck,

(8{)} :) .)

[email protected]

I

ismail MISIR

Hi,

What kind of scada do you use? If your HMI-Scada enables you send data to and ODBC Source this will be just enough. Just define that SQL DB as a ODBC data source then use it. This requeires develoment effort in HMI and i know most of HMIs support this ODBC feature to send data to database. SOmeother solution, may be your HMI support DDE or OPC or most probably ActiveX cotrol n(HMI is also called ActiveX container in this case), you will pass your data to some scada tags then to DDE, OPC or Active Container properties. Next step is to send data to SQL DB via ODBC, ADO or which way you can do or prefer it is up to you.

Best Regards,

ismail MISIR
[email protected]
www.bemstek.com

I use the Fixi sofwtare of GE.
This software can be link the database with other sofware using DDE, modicon modbus drivers, and SQL languaje, TCP/IP, also the Wizcon software can be link SCADA wireless with LAN network with Access, Excell, VB and more.
The last two software HMI ,are industrial and municipal use and very friendly with the user.
See http://wizcon.axeda.fr/axedademo/
The fix sofware can be see in the general electric web page

R

Raymond van der Tas

If you want an HMI to visualize your database content without the need of any programming you should evaluate GraphWorX32 v8. Just like it browses OPC DA (A/E, HDA) servers on the networks, it allows you to point at datasources where you can on the fly type the database connection and query the data. The resulting recordset is available to all dynamic animation features just like when visualizing OPC data.

If the display also needs to be accessible on web browsers the webhmi license is purchased.

http://www.iconics.com/products/webhmi.asp

Regards
Raymond van der Tas

W
What do you mean?

Are you looking for help are are you telling us about something nice with WIZCON and FIX?

Hi,

I would like to know how to integrate SCADA with SQL Server 2005, because I need to store the SCADA information in SQL Server 2005. Please help me how we can integrate this. If possible, would you explain SCADA integration with MS Dynamics AX 4.0 and BizTalk Server 2006?

Thanks...

Sarat.R