Honey well gateway model 500

A

A. Bohlooli

I want to communucate with Honey well gateway model 500, but I dont have its command format

You have a challenging task ahead of you.

I thought I had an old spec sheet for a Gateway 500, but I failed to locate it. I am fairly certain that it talked the Honeywell's proprietary DMCS protocol, but without the sheet, my memory could be faulty, because DMCS goes back to the late 1980's. IT was discontinued by Honeywell in 2000.

I did find one hand written notation related to DMCS, which was supposed to be a part number for a DMCS manual for their strip chart recorder.

DMCS Comm
date: 9/90
part number: EN1L-6106.

Good luck tracking down documents from the pre-pdf era.

Bud

A

Abhijit Goswami, Haldia

Term "Honeywell Gateway 500" can not distinguish among the following,

1. Honeywell LCN to third party interfaces,
a. Computer Gateway - To host computer
b. Enhanced PLC gateway - To PLCs supporting DF1/Modbus protocol.

2 Honeywell LCN to Honeywell LCN/Process interfaces ,
a. Network Gateway - To Other LCN interfaces
b. Hiway Gateway - To data hiway interfaces

Most of these technologies are outdated and better solutions are already available from Honeywell/other interface vendors.

Guess your requirement is for 1a or 1b only. Your confirmation may help the forum to help you.

Regards.

A
Hi Bud
tnx for your help. how i can find EN1L-6106? my E-mail address is a_bohlooli[at]yahoo.com

I have the complete manual for the Gateway 500 MANUAL 85-50-25-06 We do use the DMCS and I have been looking for spares since we are down to our last one.

There must be 300+ pages in the manual. Is there some specific section you would like. Chapter 1 Installiation,2 Communication Concepts,3 Protocols for Data Security,4 Establishing Communications and Testing,5 Recovering from communication Failures,6 Uploading and Downloading Device Databases,7 Service,8 Parts List.

Hi Larry
I need all sections of this catalog if you have electronic version, please send it for me (a_bohlooli[at]yahoo.com)
thanks for your attention