Honeywell Experion R300 PKS simulator installation

S

Shaiq Bashir

Dear Fellows,

I want to use the simulator of Experion PKS R300. I'm facing the problem in its installation.

When I insert the application DVD, I can install either the server application or the simulator application. Installing the server application doesn't let me install the simulator afterwards, while installing the simulator application doesn't let me install the server application. Let me explain it a bit further:

When we insert application DVD, a dialog opens and it says to select either Server, simulator, and etc. Only one selection can be made at a time when I install server through this. The process went fine, and I get no problems. But when I again insert the application DVD to install the simulator, it detects the current version of Experion and aborts the installation. Similar thing happens when I first install the simulator, and then when trying to install the server software, it detects the Experion installation in the system and aborts it.

Can anyone help me how I can install the simulator and server simultaneously? I basically want to work on simulator.

I shall be very thankful to you for this help.

Regards,

You can contact Honeywell TAC for assistance. First you'll need the proper license to install the simulator. Second, you'll need a separate machine for that purpose.

You cannot install both server and simulator on the same machine as you found out.

S

Shaiq Bashir

Thanks a lot pete for your reply!

Let me tell you that we have the license of honeywell product. We have seen a hard disk which contains both server and simulator installed on the same drive. We are just trying to make such sort of installation in our hard drives as well. Can you please tell me how it can be done?

One more question:
Let us suppose we dedicate a separate computer and install simulation software in it. Now it would be connected through simple LAN with different computers. Can more than one PC simulate its designs with only one single simulation PC?

Mr. Bashir,

EPKS server and simulator installation is not supported on the same PC / Operating System (didn't say it was not possible).

Simulator is designed to work with one EPKS server at any given time. I hope this is the answer you are looking for.

If you must install everything in one physical computer (for testing purpose only), then look into either VMWare Virtual Machine or Microsoft Virtual PC.

Dear Mr. Basir,

our plant is on construction progress and is used honeywell experion pks R300 also. I'm looking for the simulator to study but cannot so far. Could you please share it with me? I'm very grateful to you. Actually, i need it a lots.

If the file is large, can you upload on www.rapidshare.com and send me a link to huybao177 [at] yahoo.com

Thank you very much