Honeywell Plantscape API

H

Hermanus du Preez

I have trouble reading the system status file with DATAIO. Honeywell provides information in their def files regarding the structure of their server database files. For the system status file, it is located in the syssts_def file, but I can't seem to read the file. I need to read the file to see which server is the active running server in our redundant setup, for my OPC interface to switch dynamically between the two servers. Can anyone help or has anybody tried something similar.

M

Mark Mullins

I'm not sure if I can offer a great deal of assistance. We have had a very similar issue with getting an OPC client to resolve which server of the pair is running as primary. The final solution was to use the PlantScape system sine wave as a watchdog. When this stops changing you know this server is not running as primary and hence fail your OPC connection to the other server. The issue seems to be that the OPC is not a dual redundant aware protocol and hence there is no consistent way for servers and clients to resolve the primary and backup servers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark.