Honeywell S9000 Problems

P

polaris

There is a unit in my company. The controller is Honeywell S9000 controller, the software is FIX.

When I download the program from "Configuration Library" to "Configured Controllers", an error of "Controller keyswitch must be in the Run/PROG position to download" appears, but the controller keyswitch is certain in the Run/PROG position. So I can't download the program. Any advice greatly appreciated regards.

T

Torulf Wiberg

Polaris,

check the keyswitch and its connection to the PCB. I have had a switch on an S9000 fail on me once with the same result. If you can establish a connection with the ladder logic programming software, it will display the perceived keyswitch position in the status bar at the bottom ofthe window.

/T

-------------------------------------------------------
Torulf Wiberg Tel. +46 (0)411 533 110
Deterministic Control AB Fax +46 (0)703 83 08 08
Karl Kulls väg 6 Mob. +46 (0)70 595 09 97
SE-274 56 Abbekås
SWEDEN

S
Could the switch be faulty and not reporting its position correctly? Can you take the controller off line, examine the switch circuit design and verify proper function, and bypass it if necessary?

Hello Mr. Wiberg:

Thank you for your advice. I uesd the "ping" command. The connection was well. But when I wanted to config the address of board, I couldn't access the "Logic and I/o Config" software. I clicked the "Setup", accessed the "Logic and I/O Config", but an error--"Command:66-Port ERROR:Overrun,Framming,or Parity" appeared.

T

Torulf Wiberg

Polaris (or Anonymous?),

Your error message sounds familiar. I can not remember if it was related to firmware (LPM code) revision mismatch or solved by just resetting the controller from the controller setup menu or, finally, by making sure that
the communications shim software (SMNTIF/SMWINIF) was running before starting the loader package. Please check the following:

1. Make sure that SMNTIF/SMWINIF is running. It should appear in the task bar. If not, start it.

2. Try to reset the controller from the controller setup menu in MultiPro. This clears the communication buffers and has helped me in situations like yours. Do not ask me why.

3. Download the LPM code from the same controller setup menu as in 2 above. After that reset the controller as per 2 above and continue from there with your application dwonload.

Good luck!

/T

-------------------------------------------------------
Torulf Wiberg Tel. +46 (0)411 533 110
Deterministic Control AB Fax +46 (0)703 83 08 08
Karl Kulls väg 6 Mob. +46 (0)70 595 09 97
SE-274 56 Abbekås
SWEDEN