Honeywell TDC 3000 help

S

Stephen

How do I collect data from a Honeywell TDC 3000 to my Windows PC?

I have just recently become the site engineer for a company that uses a Honeywell TDC 3000. I have no DCS experience (previously a process engineer). I am looking for help mostly with data collection.

My previous company used Aspen InfoPlus, which was great, but my current company is small, and probably cannot afford a product like that. I would be happy with 12 analog outputs in a 1 minute history, and total weights of the raw materials for each batch (3-5 batches per day).

I need any help I can get! If you can recommend a good textbook on the honeywell, that would be great, also. Thanks!

E
J

John Capstack

A simple option is to write a CL program to generate a FFL report every minute. This report can then be directed to a text file (with GUS and virtual printer configured). An alternative is to send the FFL to the COM port and retrieve via a PC or capture software.

A similar solution is on the following website:
http://www.procdev.com/software_reportCapture.asp

N

NAVDEEP SINGLA

OPC server is one option to retrieve data.
You can also use PCIM (personal Computer Interface Module) or CG (Control Gateway) on your LCN to communicate with your Windows but I suppose that these are outdated.....!

I m not sure but you can enquire about LCNp4 card and MAU to take data on EST also.

Good luck