How can slave address be assigned when I connect lots of slaves to master on RS485 communication?

Hi,

I have some question about RS 485. As I said in title, what if I connect many slaves in one master, who assign slave address?

Modbus master doesn't have any functions to assign slave address. The only thing it supplies is to input command in binary code. Master just executes the command.

Then, how slaves know their address?

Hope to find out well.

Any Modbus slave has some means to set the slave address locally on the slave itself. There are mechanical means, like DIP switches or rotary switches (0-9). Or a slave ID setting done through a pushbutton/display HMI menu. Or a setting done using a utility program and comm cable used to access a menu with communication settings, usually other settings as well.

You need to get the manual/documentation that covers Modbus serial communication for your slave device(s) and reading the manual(s).

Any Modbus slave has some means to set the slave address locally on the slave itself. There are mechanical means, like DIP switches or rotary switches (0-9). Or a slave ID setting done through a pushbutton/display HMI menu. Or a setting done using a utility program and comm cable used to access a menu with communication settings, usually other settings as well.

You need to get the manual/documentation that covers Modbus serial communication for your slave device(s) and reading the manual(s).
I called to inverter manufacturer and they say I can configure inverter address(slave address in RS485) directly through inverter LCD.