How to Change Signal Name in SpeedTronic Mark IV

T

tokiemnhiet

Pls tell me how to change a signal name in Gas Turbine control Speedtronic mark IV.

tokiemnhiet,

If I understand the question correctly, this is something I never did, never tried to do and have never been asked before. Hmmm....

In general, I would say it's not possible. If it were possible, I would think it would only be the Mark IV+ (the ones with Intel 80286 microprocessors) panels which might accept name changes--but I would do a lot of testing when trying this before STARTing a unit I'd tried to change signal names. I think it might be possible to go into the "memory map" and find a signal name and change it, but I think you'd then have to go and find every instance of the signal in logic and change it there, too. And then I don't know if the display would show the proper value for the signal, either.

In my personal opinion, this is fraught with risk, but then I'm a very risk-averse person.

If there are signals which were added in the field (again it's really only possible to apply a signal name to a memory location in a Mark IV+), you could probably rename that signal. But, if I recall correctly, in the Mark IV (with Intel 80186 microprocessors) if one needed spare signals one had to use the memory location hexadecimal address because it wasn't possible to give a memory location a name (it only had a hexadecimal address).

If I recall correctly, it requires a password to be able to assign a name to a memory location--and I believe it's done through the the Memory section(s) of the Data Display. But, it's been a long, long time since I've worked in a Mark IV at this level.

Good question, though. Hope this helps!

Also, if there is any written documentation on this it would be in the Mark IV Maintenance Manual. I believe the manual for the Mark IV+ is GEK-83886.