how to communicate Triconex PLC with Honeywell Experion R400.

S

Saumitra Mandal

presently i have Honeywell TPS system where Triconex PLCs are communicating using Network Highway (HG). i want to upgrade my system to Honeywell Experion system. How to establish this communication between Triconex and Honeywell Experion system?

W

Wassim Daoud

Have you tried using OPC for this? You can tie both systems and tags via OPC without extra hardware. You can leverage the OPC Client in the Honeywell Experion to connect to the OPC Server for Triconex

Here is the link to the OPC Server for Triconex to try it:
http://www.matrikonopc.com/opc-drivers/249/base-driver-details.aspx

Or you can use the following architecture:
OPC Server for Triconex <=> OPC Data Manager <=> OPC Server for Experion (Built-in your system already"

Here is the link to OPC Data Manager as well:
http://www.matrikonopc.com/products/opc-data-management/opc-data-manager.aspx

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Wassim

> Have you tried using OPC for this?

If you think using OPC to replace peer-to-peer network communications between a safety shutdown system and a DCS controller is a good idea - then go right ahead.....

Wassim, You can keep suggesting your product as long as you like. The issue here is not whether your OPC client is certified - its whether *<b>ANY</b>* OPC link should be used in a situation like this.

S

saumitra mandal

> Wassim, You can keep suggesting your product as long as you like. The issue here is not whether your OPC client is
> certified - its whether *<b>ANY</b>* OPC link should be used in a situation like this.

is it not possible by Modbus? if possible then what hardwares i will have to manage in both end.

Saumitra Mandal,

Having worked extensively on Honeywell EPKS for system integration, i would suggest OPC only for communication between the Triconex PLC & EPKS.

What all you need to do is:

Have a redundant dell PC as EPKS client. (typically Dell R710). Also, have a redundant dell PC (Optiplex 490 / similar) workstations for Triconex OPC server.

Now, connect them using the existing the ethernet network. This is a new industry adapted architecture.

Modbus is also an option but when you have a huge amount of data to be exchanged between Safety systems, F&G systems to DCS system, i would choose OPC as an option. In my experience with EPKS R301.x, OPC communication is very robust.

Rest... you are the best judge.

Best regards
Sastry

Dear Sastryji

We have Honewell Experion PKS system in our plant.
we are unable to connect with honeywell OPC server (from localhost also). we trying to connect with HWHsc.OPCServer using matrikon OPC explorer residing on same pc. but it is not getting connected. We request you to suggest any workout for this.