How to connect intouch with siemens

A

aier_nj

Now ,I have one PC ,one cp5613 and one PLC Simatic with CPU 315 .
I need to communicate a PLC Simatic to the software INTOUCH of Wonderware.
Do the Cp5613 realize MPI net?
And why did I Can not select Cp5613--->MPI in "Setting the PG\PC interface"?It always pop a warning message which is "the cp cp5613/cp5614 is exclusively projected by simatic net pc or step 7"! :)
And I have two other questions .The first is what is the difference between MPI net and profibus net? The second is if both of them communicate each other!

P

Peter Hornung

> Now ,I have one PC ,one cp5613 and one PLC Simatic with CPU 315 .
> I need to communicate a PLC Simatic to the software INTOUCH of Wonderware.
> Do the Cp5613 realize MPI net?
> And why did I Can not select Cp5613--->MPI in "Setting the PG\PC interface"?It always pop a warning message which is "the cp cp5613/cp5614 is exclusively projected by simatic net pc or step 7"! :) <

For this one I recommend that you call the Siemens Hotline. It really depends on the version of the SIMATIC Net software you installed for the Cp5613.

> And I have two other questions .The first is what is the difference between MPI net and profibus net? The second is if both of them communicate each other!<

MPI and Profibus are 2 different protocols. You can run Profibus only on a Profibus bus profile. MPI however you can use on a MPI and a Profibus bus profile. In this case you can actually run both protocols at the same time. Profibus is used for cyclic data of Profibus slaves and MPI is used for communication between PLCs and communication to Step7.
If Intouch uses OPC: The SIMATIC Net OPC server also uses the MPI protocol to talk to the S7 PLC.

Hello
I think this configuration isn't possible.
Because the CP5613 support only profibus and the CPU315 have only MPI interface.

I suggest change to CP5611 MPI (6GK1 561-1AM00).

> Profibus is used for cyclic data of Profibus slaves and MPI is used for communication between PLCs and communication to Step7.<

But how can I can realize the communication of the two network? To use OPC in intouch ,do I need a driver about siemens cp5613?
thank you, Peter Hornung!

J
Hello
I have used the same configuration, but with a CP5611. It is working fine, but I must warn You a little about the OPC setup i InTouch. My colleague uttered some words he didn't learn in kindergarten while configuring InTouch...

Best regards
Jan Nielsen

:_) Hehe!
Now ,I have realized my communication!
First, thank you for your opinion!
But, I have to say that cp5613 also realized mpi!

The connection is possible only if you a 315 2DP CPU via profibus. Otherwise you can connect the same, but you need SOFTNET service pack 4. With service pack 3 only profibus connection are allowed with cp5613.

I've called the hotline and they said me that there's a trick... you have to connect the cp5613 to MPI port and set the on the profibus protocol settings the comunication speed to 187.5 Kb/sec
When you create the S7 connection, you must specify the partner as unknown and on the property page set the rack to 2 and slot to 0 (or the contrary).

hello

Did you use the simatic net OPC server between the intouch and cpu315-2dp, for MPI net?

Thanks