How to create sounds by alarm messages in SIMATIC WinCC?

S

Steffen Bergner

I still wrote some c-scripts to create sounds when clicking on a button. But how do i have to change the gmsgfunc.fct to include sounds when a alarm message is coming?

The gmsgfunc.fct only runs ones. So it could be a problem to let the sound play until you acknowledge the alarm. This script is used when you need to get properties from the alarm (message text, time etc)

You should use the "Contols the Central Signaling Device" option in the properties for the alarm message. Then under "Message classes" you right click on your message class for the alarm and then select a tag under "Central Signaling Device". This tag will always be "true" if an alarm in your alarm class is "came in" and "unacknowledged".

Then you make a script action that triggs on the tag you selected. In this script you put your sound stuff.

You can make seperated tags and scripts for seperated alarm classes.

S

SHAHID WAQAS CHAUDHRY

To change the gmsgfunc.fct, open the Script Editor and go to the project functions and change the required function.

There is an example included in the WinCC C&C (configuration & communication) manual along with demo project. I also believe that there is
a FAQ related to WinCC Sound generation. The C&C includes a different version.

- Shahid