How to make a water level controller

R

Ramu

please help me to do a water level controller which can turn off/on a water tank in houses and factories. cost of the project should be as low as possible.

C

Curt Wuollet

They call that a pressure switch here with private pumps. And float valves have done this for years for direct action. But this is not the place for inexpensive solutions.

Regards

cww

C

ControlNovice

The easiest is a simple mechanical float. The float will open a valve when the level is low, and close the valve when the level is high.

This is more difficult however, if the distance between high and low is greater.

B

Bob Peterson

Years ago to save the cost of a seperate controller we would sometimes use a level controller 4-20mA output tied directly to an I/P on a level control valve set up in reverse acting mode (as signal increases valve closes more). It was essentially a proportional controller but worked OK and you could tweak where you wanted it to end up by adjusting the span/zero of the I/P.

These days a single loop PID controller is cheap enough its not worth doing this anymore.

You can also buy an on/off valve with a mechanically linkage to a float that sits in the tank you want to control. It acts as a switch without any wiring required. These are pretty cheap.

how did you ever make out with this project? I am currently in need of a similar process and am in search of an low cost electronic fill valve. Do you know where I can find one?

N

navneet bhardwaj

you can make a water level controller by purchasing a water level controller by the market and by copying them.

I suggest u to make one by yourself using a 8051 microcontroller, which costs less than Rs 100 in the market.

U need to check only two levels--the top level & bottom level. Let us start with the bottom level. Let the Vcc be given to Water, which is not pure at any way. So we can check for the voltage at the bottom level of the tank using a port of 8051. Switch On a relay when it becomes less than the expected voltage. Under this condition, scan another port of 8051 which is provided to monitor the top level of the tank. When this becomes high, turn off the relay which is used to switch ON/OFF the pump.

N
Sir,

Please send me full details of this with diagram!
I will very much thankful to you!! I have microcontroller 8085.

How can I buy Semi-Auto Water Controller from Statuswaterlevelcontroller , They are in India. I live in USA. I try to contact them 02 times by their contact form, but never heard from them.
Does anyone, know where in USA I can buy same Semi-Auto water level controller or Status products?
My email is: JohnnguyenAL [at] yahoo.com
Thanks