Seems like you have single PCU with single redundant MFP. I have few more questions to understand the topologyThis is the complete DCS that we have. Can I use NCPM01 card to connect computer and transfer control streatigies?
Moreover, as per attached picture I can see rack is starting from IMDSI. I havent seen first card in PCU as I/O card. I/O cards come after the MFP as MFP is has its expander bus and I/O cards are attached to this expander bus. Expander bus is on the downstream side of MFP.Can you elaborate, please?Seems like you have single PCU with single redundant MFP. I have few more questions to understand the topology
1. Do you use HMIs? Are they OIS or computer based? If computer based which software are you using?
2. Every DCS manufacturer has its own proprietary and licensed engineering software to communicate with controllers. Infi90 uses composer. Do you have it installed in your computer?
3. How many nodes are there in your DCS?
I have never worked on NCMP01 and right now I do not have access to its manual. If you have required software, then its simple to connect and read from controller.
What is this hand held terminal model number? Never worked with that.we connect a hand held programming terminal on NCMP01 card, the terminal allows to view and edit one block at a time.
In first para read Process Control Unit (PCU / Node).CPM is called Communication Port Module and it has three varients and are used for single Process ContU (node) configuration.
1. CPM01 (it only has round 5 pin connector on front that is interfaced with CTT i.e. Configuration and Tuning Terminal e.g CTT01). This varient has no option to connect to Engineering Work Station(EWS) i.em. computer
2. CPM02 (It has round 5 pin connector for CTT and DB25 connector for EWS on front. This card has all the functions of CPM01)
3. CPM03 (Its has three connectors. Two connectors at front like CPM02 while one (DB09) is on component side, and it has all the functions of CPM01 and CPM02.In addition it can communicate with LAN90 Process Control View (PCV / Workstation / HMI).
So, the answer to your question, can CPM01 communicate with EWS, is NO.
And its not NCMP01, it is NCPM01. Just for correction.We have Bailey infi 90 DCS installed with IMMFP01 controller and NCMP01 interface card. How can we retrieve the program backup and control strategies from this controller. What hardware (cards, cables, connectors etc.) and software shall be required making backup.
Shall i need to replace NCPM01 with NCPM02 or 03 for interfacing with computet?Back in those days Bailey usedto provide Engineering WorkStation ( Compaq 386 or 80386 based PCs) having following softwares
If you have that EWS, you can use TEXT or TOOLKIT to monitor / save / print the configuration.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|L||Retrieve number of active alarms by Cat and Plant Area (ControlSt-Cimplicity)||General Automation Chat||0|
|W||VB program to retrieve and transmit code||General Software Chat||2|
|L||How can i retrieve data from ODH (OPC)||Open Platform Communications (OPC)||2|
|R||How do I retrieve valid weight from L225 through VB||General Automation Chat||3|
|G||Idiots Guide - RSSQL how to log and retrieve data?||Industrial Internet of Things - IIoT||1|
by Dale Wilson
by Seth Price
by Seth Price